Your support is central in our effort to further our mission of assisting women with their healthcare. Your donation helps us fund various healthcare needs such as mammograms, eye glasses, dental exams, hearing aids, acupuncture, surgery, chemotherapy treatment, and co-pays.
Over the years, the Sonia Plotnick Health Fund has seen an increasing demand for assistance. Your support will allow us to continue this crucial work which has helped hundreds of women. The Fund has provided over $220,000.00 in healthcare grants to women in our community since its inception in 1997.
The Fund is administered by an all-volunteer Board of Directors. We do not rent office space or equipment and have no paid employees. We minimize expenses so that our funds are available to as many women as possible. The Board of Directors reviews all applications on a monthly basis and provides assistance based on need and available funds. 100% of our net proceeds are available to be given back to women in our community!
How Your Donation Helps:
- Donate $20 – Pharmacy Co-pay
- Donate $60 – Preventive Dental Exam
- Donate $75 – Acupuncture Session
- Donate $100 – Laboratory Tests
- Donate $200 – Screening Mammogram
- Donate $500 – Chemotherapy Treatment
- Donate $650 – Basic Hearing Aid
Sonia Plotnick Health Fund (SPHF) is committed to offering financial assistance to women studying to obtain a degree in a healthcare field. Two Scholarship programs are being designed to meet this commitment.
- SPHF is developing an in-house scholarship for lesbians studying in a healthcare field at any local institution. Our goal is initial funding of $2,000 and we are more than half way there! Donating to the Scholarship Fund will help us to meet this goal. More information will be available soon.
- SPHF has partnered with St. Petersburg College (SPC) to offer a regular academic scholarship that has already been funded for three years. The first awards have been given for the 2017/18 academic year. The purpose of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to help cover the cost of tuition, fees, books and/or other bona fide college expenses for students attending SPC. Learn More about the SPC Scholarship Fund and how to apply.